Those interested in becoming artists will be given the opportunity to hone and develop their artistic skills, as well as receive direction and education, with an associate’s degree program in 3-Dimensional Art. This field remains competitive due to increasing demands for realism in mobile technology, movies, video games, and television.
A.A. Programs in 3-Dimensional Art
Students enrolled in an associate’s degree program in 3-Dimensional Arts are taught about creating art by employing different mediums and techniques, thereby helping them acquire an array of skills and knowledge.
Broad arrays of art forms are represented by the term “3-dimensional”; these forms include multimedia art forms, carvings, relief and sculpture. Students can choose from several formal education options such as an Associate of Fine Arts (A.F.A.) or Associate of Art (A.A.) degree program in 3-Dimensional Arts. Coursework is devised to motivate students to be creative through instruction on fundamentals such as theory, accepted practices and history. Coursework may help students develop critical thinking skills, understand art terminology, use design in creating 3-dimensional art and creatively solve design problems.
Admission criteria require incoming students to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma.
Students seeking enrollment into an associate’s degree program in Art are usually given a choice between 3-Dimensional and 2-Dimensional Art programs. Apart from general education classes, such as math and English, coursework within 3-Dimensional Arts programs may include topic areas such as:
•Drawing and composition
•Fundamentals of design
The industry is highly competitive and attracts many creatively talented artists (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). While some graduates of an associate’s degree program seek entry-level careers, others may opt to pursue continued education through enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program. Entry-level occupation choices may include:
Continuing Education Choices
Those who successfully complete an associate’s degree in 3-Dimensional Arts may seek to join the workforce immediately or pursue continued education through enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program in Fine Arts with a concentration in 3-dimensional art. Some associate’s degree programs allow the transfer of credits earned towards admission into a four-year bachelor’s degree program. Beyond a bachelor’s degree program in 3-dimensional art, a graduate may continue to develop his or her artistic skills by enrolling into a master’s degree program in 3-Dimensional Studio Art.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses