Students will be trained in print, film, and video in an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree program in Media Arts. Careers in fields including Web development, film, or graphic design, are open to graduates.
A.A. Programs in Media Arts
Students enrolled in Media Arts associate’s degree programs are taught effective ways of using various traditional and electronic art elements including graphic design, digital art and animation, in the creation of websites, films and games. Students are also taught the principles of color engineering, sound design and editing, for use in the creation of marketable audio and video representations for customers.
They can opt for specialization in cinema and use their skills to develop animated media, movies or special effects, for use in the entertainment industry. Multimedia arts may also be the focus of programs – these may delve into creating visual media for different formats such as mobile and web devices.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma.
Coursework within the 2-year media arts program covers animation, digital imaging, media design and multi-media. Students enrolled in some programs are required to develop a portfolio showcasing their skills and knowledge in the field. Programs may also help students gain real-world experience through participation in fieldwork. Apart from general education classes, coursework may include topic areas such as:
•Legalities in media
•Animation special effects
After they complete degree programs in the field, graduates can seek entry-level careers with filming industries, digital game companies and graphic design firms. They can also seek jobs in the marketing, web design or art departments of different businesses. They could seek different job titles such as:
•Digital video technician
Continuing Education Choices
Graduates who wish to increase their knowledge or keep up with the latest advancements in the business can enroll in certificate programs that offer specializations in digital media arts, animation, graphic design and communication. To enhance their career opportunities, individuals can enroll into bachelor’s degree programs in Computer Imaging, Graphic Design, Cinema Studies and Technology Media Arts.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses