Art and technology are combined in the associate’s degree program in interactive media. Various schools have different coursework that could cover multimedia production, video game design, web design and other related areas. Graduates from the degree program can seek entry-level occupations in the field of digital arts.
Associate Degree Program in Interactive Media
Depending on the programs, some will offer associate’s degrees in interactive media, while others might confer Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees in graphic design and interactive media, web design and interactive media, or interactive media and other related area of visual art. Typically, associate degree programs will teach students the artistic knowledge and basic technical skills used to create different graphic and multimedia design projects, including video games, videos, and websites.
Students will learn how to use multimedia and design software applications, while building digital art portfolios that they can show potential employers. Typically, associate degree program graduates are prepared to enter a four-year bachelor degree program, or seek immediate entry-level employment in the field.
Admission criteria typically require applicants to hold a general educational development (GED) certificate or a high school diploma. Those with a technical background or aptitude are likely to benefit by seeking admission to an interactive media degree program, though it is not usually required.
Associate degree programs in interactive media combine different media production skills and may differ between educational institutions. Program course topics may include the following:
Career options will vary based on educational qualifications and experience. Certain positions will require individuals to hold a bachelor’s degree. Associate degree program graduates can obtain the following job titles:
•Computer graphic artist
•Instructional design technician
Information on Continuing Education
Graduates can seek continued education by pursuing a bachelor’s degree program in interactive media. Similar to the associate degree programs, coursework in a four-year bachelor degree program is a combination of interactive media and a related area of specialization, such as game design, graphic design and web design. Completing a bachelor’s degree program improves a graduate’s career prospects. An interested student may seek continuing education beyond a bachelor’s degree by enrolling in a master’s degree program. Earning a master’s degree usually allows an individual to seek specialized work or a teaching job at a postsecondary institution.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses