Students will be taught the skills necessary for entry-level managerial careers in several types of hospitality venues when they take a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree program in Hospitality Management. The programs will cover human resources and culinary topics, finance, marketing and sales, as well as focus on the different operational challenges of venues.
B.A. Programs in Hospitality Management
Students enrolled in Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Degree Programs in Hospitality Management are taught about operating a hospitality-oriented business, such as a casino, restaurant or hotel. A broad curriculum is provided in the majority of programs, including specialties such as entrepreneurship, casino management, food and beverage operations, conference and trade show planning, and lodging and facilities management. More liberal arts classes are usually included in B.A. programs than in Bachelor of Science programs.
While it takes four years of study to complete these programs, schools also offer accelerated 2-year programs to suit the needs of students with an associate’s degree. Schools also offer online program options, in addition to opportunities to study abroad. Schools expect students to take part in an internship or management trainee program. Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma.
Coursework may include general business courses, such as accounting, computers, organizational behavior, marketing, and business law, as well as general management subject areas, such as human resources management and the legal aspects of the hospitality business. Core hospitality coursework may include topic areas such as:
•Dining room service
•Food and beverage controls
•Special events marketing
•Hospitality facilities management
•Security and loss prevention
Those who complete hospitality management bachelor’s degree programs can seek entry-level careers in many areas of the tourism, travel, food and beverage, and lodging industries. Students may be able to secure occupations in a particular company or venue, thanks to the internships they participated in during the program. They may choose from entry-level management positions such as:
•Meeting and convention planner
•Food service manager
Continuing Education Choices
Beyond a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, an individual may seek continued education by pursuing an advanced degree, such as a master’s in international hospitality management or hospitality management.
Work experience can lead to career advancements within large hospitality chains. Many organizations offer voluntary professional certification options; these include the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute, an organization that offers certification options in maintenance, revenue management, security, front office, human resources, food and beverage, sales and housekeeping. A designation can be earned by an individual who meets a series of experience and education requirements.
Showing schools in your area
- Online and ground-based program areas include Fashion Marketing and Management and more.
- Students can study branding, event management, and public relations to help them prepare for a marketing career
- Course topics include Fundamentals of Business, Brand Strategy, Project Management, and Principles of Market Research
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Classes start on August 16
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online Courses
Showing schools in your area
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online Courses