Students enrolled in Associate of Arts (A.A.) in Music Business programs are taught about the music and entertainment fields, in addition to general business classes. Students of the program may be allowed to focus on creative production, creative performance or business management. Skills are developed by students in music marketing, accounting in the music business, record promotion, business plan creation and copyright registration. It is possible to complete most programs within two years.
Admission criteria typically require applicants to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma, in addition to computing and writing skills. Some schools require students to take college admissions exams or placement tests.
Various business functions influence the music industry, including digital distribution, licensing and marketing. Apart from general education classes, coursework includes topic areas such as:
Those who graduate from the program may seek occupation with retail operations, instrument manufacturers and developers, music publishers, or record companies (independent companies or major labels). They may seek entry-level positions such as:
•Music venue operators
Continuing Education Choices
Students seeking to enhance their career prospects through continued education can pursue bachelor and master’s degrees in the field of Music Business and Management. Students may also opt to receive additional musical training via private lessons.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid