Receive information about the Associate of Science (A.S.) degree program in Fashion Design and Marketing and its coursework, career choices, and continuing education choices.
A.S. Programs in Fashion Design and Marketing
Students enrolled in an Associate of Science (A.S.) program relating to Fashion Design and Marketing are provided with a solid foundation in various areas of the fashion industry, such as fashion history, design and merchandising. Merchandising campaigns are often created by students to employ a variety of design elements. The program also includes business courses aimed at making students adept at marketing and selling their products. Students are also required to create portfolios of their designs to showcase their skills to potential recruiters.
Fashion institutes, technical schools and community colleges, may offer these 2-year programs as AS in Fashion Merchandising and AS in Fashion Design programs. Internships are also included to teach students how to promote themselves to potential recruiters in the field.
Admission criteria typically require applicants to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma.
Coursework in Fashion Design and Marketing related programs is a combination of classroom lectures and hands-on experience. Participation in internships and workshops will help students learn about management, buying and selling. Apart from basic art and design classes, coursework may also include topic areas such as:
•Advertising and promotion
•Fashion CAD (computer-aided design)
•Fashion or retail buying
Those who successfully complete Fashion Merchandising and Fashion Design Associate of Science (A.S.) programs may opt for entry-level occupations as pattern-makers or sketching assistants, and gain work experience to advance their career prospects. Those who successfully complete associate degree programs may also seek business with department stores, design firms and apparel wholesalers. They may opt for career titles such as:
•Fashion marketing executive
•Haute couture designer
Continuing Education Choices
After they complete an associate’s degree, aspiring fashion designers or marketers may pursue continued education by earning a bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising or Fashion Design. Some schools offer programs that encompass both marketing and design, with coursework that includes topic areas such as fashion accessories, draping, fashion illustration and retail management.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway
- Design, media arts, fashion, and culinary programs available, with over 50 locations nationwide
- Designated Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources needed to learn
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses