Aspiring photographers may also pursue an Associate of Science (A.S.) in Photography with coursework in digital photography. Students enrolled in an AS program, are usually taught various core principles in photography, such as exposure, lighting, composition and color. They are imparted hands-on training in digital and print photography; they also learn how to use photo editing software. Classes in math, natural sciences and social sciences are usually listed among core requirements. Schools often insist on students providing their camera. Participation in photo labs may also be included, with prior educational requirements similar to those in an AAS in Photography program.
Coursework includes specializations and classes in photography, and may include topic areas such as:
•2-dimensional computer design
•Black and white photography
Those who successfully complete an associate’s degree program may find jobs with different agencies and companies in the field of photography, such as photography labs, publishers, ad agencies, production companies, or media companies. They may choose from job titles such as:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid