This article talks about master’s degree programs in electrical engineering and their coursework, career choices, and job and wage outlook.
Master’s Programs in Electrical Engineering
Schools offer two types of master’s degrees in electrical engineering, namely, the Master of Electrical Engineering (M.E.E.) and the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (M.S.E.E.). Students take two to three years to complete most programs; more than five years may be necessary for students who are currently working or are interested in performing extended research. Progress is required to be shown by students throughout the degree program. Schools offer both non-thesis and thesis options. Non-thesis programs are expected to be completed by students through completion of a comprehensive exam.
General program coursework covers topic areas such as computer networks, information theory, circuit analysis and design, wireless networking, digital electronics, semiconductors, electronic packaging design, and electromagnetic fields. An area of concentration is also available to students. Such area could include:
Electrical engineers can seek employment in various environments, including electric companies, IT consulting firms, and the aerospace and semiconductor industries. They can also choose from other possible job options such as:
Job and Wage Outlook
In May 2012, electrical engineers brought in an average annual wage of $89,630 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). Over the 2012 – 2022 decade, a job growth rate of four percent has been predicted for electrical engineers (BLS). The growth is due to the growing demand for electrical devices such as navigation systems, wireless phone transmitters, and generators.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid