While you can go online to research the right culinary school, you can also check with your area community colleges to see what they might have to offer. Many of them will charge an application fee of around $50.
All Culinary Schools Listed
According to U.S. News, there are five popular majors for culinary arts programs. The statistics for the Culinary Institute of America list is broken down below.
•Culinary Arts/Chef Training – 55%
•Restaurant/Food Services Management – 22%
•Baking and Pastry Arts/Baker/Pastry Chef – 18%
•Culinary Arts and Related Services, Other – 5%
It is important to add that whatever school you choose to attend, they have to be accredited by the American Culinary Federation (ACF). This organization ranks, standardizes, and accredits the top culinary schools in the U.S.
There are schools in every state that teach culinary arts that can take you to various niches such as nutrition, food science, or combine it with hospitality administration.
Top Culinary Schools in the United States
Some of the best schools in America include the following:
•Institute of Culinary Education (NYC)
•Texas Culinary Academy
•Le Cordon Bleu
•California Culinary Academy
•Kendal College (Chicago)
•Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts
•Western Culinary Institute
It will also be a good idea to check in with community colleges in your area to see what kind of curriculum they have to fit your wants and needs in your education.
Internships and Other Aids
If you are already working under a chef, check to see if your employer may have an internship or possible tuition reimbursement. This might aid you in cutting tuition costs. It also never hurts to stop by or call a local college in your area to talk about the types of programs that they may have and possible degrees. Check out their financial assistance programs to see what you may qualify for. Look into technical institutes in your area because some of them teach culinary arts, and that may be an option for you also.
All Culinary Schools Are at Your Disposal
The key is to do your research in what is available in your area. You will want to check on financial assistance programs, but also see their curriculum and find out how long it will take to complete the degree that you wish to obtain in the end as well. It will take a bit of time to find the right program that fits you and the kind of degree you are looking for.
Invest in Yourself
Don’t cut yourself short. Remember, you are investing in your future. It will pay in the end for you to do some research. Look into all the options around you. Some colleges concentrate on Italian or French cuisine, so if that’s your goal, educate yourself in what the curriculum involves.
This is going to be a career that rewards you for your patience, your meticulousness, and your natural ability to entertain beloved guests.
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online Courses