If you want to join an art school, but do not know which one to choose, this article is for you. We have listed the top three art and design schools in the country:
Rhode Island School of Design – Providence, Rhode Island
The Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) started in 1877 is among the oldest art schools in the country. RISD is an allied of Rhode Island School of Design Museum in Providence near the vicinity of New York and Boston. Students who want to pursue a master or bachelor degree, the programs offer courses like photography, interior design and ceramics, apart from many other unrelated areas of concentration. In 2010, RISD ranked number one among the fine arts colleges in the United States (source: News and World Report). The master degree offers various majors in art and design such as script making, sculpture, and graphic design.
Yale University – New Haven, Connecticut
Yale University, in New Haven, Connecticut, has been around since 1701 and only two other educational institutions in the country are older. The university is renowned for its art and design degree program that ranked second among others (Source: U.S. News and World Report, 2010). Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and Yale’s School of Art has graduate and undergraduate degree programs in sculpture, printmaking, painting, and graphic design, among other art and design courses. The university offers several facilities to their students in these programs including the digital media center and print shop, British art center, arts library, and university art gallery.
School of the Art Institute – Chicago, Illinois
The School of the Art Institute located within the Art Institute of Chicago, inside the arts and design museum. Nearly three thousand students are enrolled in SAIC, and it is among the oldest of the nation many independent art and design schools. The school offers graduate and undergraduate degree courses, apart from post baccalaureate certificates, the courses offer several art and design concentration areas, including studio, arts administration, designed objects, art therapy, art history and art education. In 2010, the School of the Art Institute in Chicago ranked third among fine arts schools in the country (source: U.S. News and World Report).
Top Ten Art and Design Schools
|Rhode Island School of Design||2 College Street, Providence, RI 02903|
|Yale University||1156 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT 06520|
|School of the Art Institute of Chicago||37 S. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60603|
|CUNY Queens College||65-30 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, New York 11367|
|Irvine Valley College||5500 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, California 92618|
|Maryland Institute College of Art||1300 Mount Royal Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217|
|Virginia Commonwealth University||325 North Harrison Street, Richmond, VA 23284|
|California Institute of the Arts||24700 McBean Parkway, Valencia, CA 91355|
|Alfred University||2 Pine Street, Alfred, NY 14802|
|Art Center College of Design||1700 Lida Street, Pasadena, CA 91103|
- Full Sail's curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Students gain real-world experience by working with industry-standard tools and technologies
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway
- Design, media arts, fashion, and culinary programs available, with over 50 locations nationwide
- Designated Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources needed to learn
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses