If you want to join an art school, but do not know which one to choose, this article is for you. We have listed the top three art and design schools in the country:
Rhode Island School of Design – Providence, Rhode Island
The Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) started in 1877 is among the oldest art schools in the country. RISD is an allied of Rhode Island School of Design Museum in Providence near the vicinity of New York and Boston. Students who want to pursue a master or bachelor degree, the programs offer courses like photography, interior design and ceramics, apart from many other unrelated areas of concentration. In 2010, RISD ranked number one among the fine arts colleges in the United States (source: News and World Report). The master degree offers various majors in art and design such as script making, sculpture, and graphic design.
Yale University – New Haven, Connecticut
Yale University, in New Haven, Connecticut, has been around since 1701 and only two other educational institutions in the country are older. The university is renowned for its art and design degree program that ranked second among others (Source: U.S. News and World Report, 2010). Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and Yale’s School of Art has graduate and undergraduate degree programs in sculpture, printmaking, painting, and graphic design, among other art and design courses. The university offers several facilities to their students in these programs including the digital media center and print shop, British art center, arts library, and university art gallery.
School of the Art Institute – Chicago, Illinois
The School of the Art Institute located within the Art Institute of Chicago, inside the arts and design museum. Nearly three thousand students are enrolled in SAIC, and it is among the oldest of the nation many independent art and design schools. The school offers graduate and undergraduate degree courses, apart from post baccalaureate certificates, the courses offer several art and design concentration areas, including studio, arts administration, designed objects, art therapy, art history and art education. In 2010, the School of the Art Institute in Chicago ranked third among fine arts schools in the country (source: U.S. News and World Report).
Top Ten Art and Design Schools
|Rhode Island School of Design||2 College Street, Providence, RI 02903|
|Yale University||1156 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT 06520|
|School of the Art Institute of Chicago||37 S. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60603|
|CUNY Queens College||65-30 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, New York 11367|
|Irvine Valley College||5500 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, California 92618|
|Maryland Institute College of Art||1300 Mount Royal Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217|
|Virginia Commonwealth University||325 North Harrison Street, Richmond, VA 23284|
|California Institute of the Arts||24700 McBean Parkway, Valencia, CA 91355|
|Alfred University||2 Pine Street, Alfred, NY 14802|
|Art Center College of Design||1700 Lida Street, Pasadena, CA 91103|
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses