Twenty-eight schools across the United States offer veterinary medicine programs. Students who enroll into these courses learn how to perform diagnoses and treat small and large animals. In this article, we will look at the top three schools in veterinary medicine in the United States.
Cornell University – Ithaca, New York
This is a four-year private school that has 20,000 students enrolled. In 2011, Cornell University was rated the 15th leading national university by the U.S. News and World Report, which accorded top rank among veterinary schools to the College of Veterinary Medicine. Coursework related to a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program offered at the school includes topics such as function and dysfunction of the animal body, cell biology and genetics, and animal health and disease. The program also includes clinical rotations as an important component. A dual DVM/Ph.D. program and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program are offered at the college. Students are allowed to pursue a Ph.D. and Master of Science (M.S.) degree in various fields such as zoology, physiology, pharmacology, immunology, and comparative biomedical science.
University of California (Davis Campus) – Davis, California
The University of California system has a research university within it called the Davis campus that has about 31,000 students enrolled. In 2011, Princeton Review rated the school as being among the best value college; it is the only one within the University of California system that offers a veterinary medicine program. In 2011, the School of Veterinary Medicine was rated second among top veterinary medicine colleges in the United States by the U.S. News and World Report. A Master of Preventative Veterinary Medicine (MPVM) is offered at the school, apart from a DVM. The school has various research and care centers that add to a student’s training.
Colorado State University – Fort Collins, Colorado
In 2011, the Princeton Review rated this renowned Western college as being among the most energy-friendly schools in the United States. The school’s reputation is owed partly to the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences; in 2011, was rated third among the nation’s leading veterinary schools by U.S. News and World Report. Clinical veterinary studies and studies in environmental health are offered at the school. DVM degrees are offered to enrolled students by the Department of Clinical Sciences Training and coursework are imparted at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Coursework typically includes use of equipment such as a Varian Trilogy Linear Accelerator or PET/CT scanners in the care of animals. An animal urgent care center and an animal cancer center are also housed at this teaching hospital.
List of Ten Leading Veterinary Schools
|Colorado State University||Fort Collins, Colorado|
|Cornell University||Ithaca, New York|
|Michigan State University||East Lansing, Michigan|
|North Carolina State University||Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Ohio State University||Columbus, Ohio|
|Texas A&M University||College Station, Texas|
|University of California – Davis||Davis, California|
|University of Minnesota||Saint Paul, Minnesota|
|University of Pennsylvania||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|University of Wisconsin||Madison, Wisconsin|
- Designated a Military Friendly School by Victoria Media in 2015.
- Offers various scholarship opportunities to military students who qualify.
- Provides programs in Allied Healthcare, Information Technology, Cosmetology, HVAC, Business, Massage Therapy and Veterinary Technology.
- Institutionally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), with online accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 6 campuses across Texas, with a campus in Las Cruces, New Mexico and online.
- An exciting training program focused on both the art & science of massage therapy
- 11 locations across the U.S. offering both day & evening classes for busy schedules
- Cortiva schools have been training massage therapists for more than 40 years
- Teaches a wide breadth of comprehensive massage therapy techniques & theories
- Career services assistance is provided to graduates throughout their careers
- Financial Aid