Receive information about Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree in cyber security for conferencing specialists and its coursework, job and wage outlook, and continuing education choices.
A.A. Programs in Cyber Security for Conferencing Specialists
Generally, schools don’t offer associate level programs that cover both conferencing specialist and cyber security training. There are information security programs offered by schools whose coursework includes the security aspects of teleconferencing and video conferencing to serve the needs of students interested in these areas of study.
Students enrolled in these degree programs can expect to be prepared to seek entry-level work with small and large organizations that require the securing of outgoing and incoming virtual communications, including electronic communications such as video conferences, and web conferences, among others.
Information technology, information security and computer networking and information security are among the topic areas covered in degree programs that emphasize networking and telecommunications. Admission criteria related to information security associate degree programs typically require applicants to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma.
Students enrolled in information security programs are usually provided with computer science fundamentals, with some offering specialization options covering particular areas of interest. Coursework in such programs helps students in determining network and computer security requirements, maintaining security devices and assessing security risks. Programs with a focus on computer networking not only impart instruction on information security but also teach students about designing data, video and voice communications networks. Students enrolled in these programs also learn about various ways various ways in which they can maintain the security of networks. Prospective conferencing specialists interested in the field of cyber security would benefit from a program that includes topic areas such as:
Job and Wage Outlook
Conferencing specialists can seek employment in various businesses that involves the providing of video conferencing services and maintaining the security of hardware, software, conference calls and call data. In July 2012, a majority of conference specialists took home average annual wages ranging between $33,390 and $41,900 (source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
The BLs has projected a job growth rate of 18% for computer support specialists for the period from 2010 to 2020. This job category can also include conferencing specialists as they need similar knowledge and skills and the work done by them may be comparable with that of computer support specialists.
Continuing Education Choices
Students who complete an associate’s degree program in cyber security may choose to continue their education by earning a bachelor’s degree in the field. Coursework in a bachelor’s degree program includes subject areas such as configuration of security technologies, creation of security policies and protection of an organization’s network’s and information. A bachelor’s degree in computer science can prove useful to individuals who wish to advance to positions in network administration, systems analysis or computer programming.
Showing schools in your area
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
Showing schools in your area
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Criminal Justice and Law Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements and Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online Courses