Those that want to pursue a career as a computer-aided design (CAD) technician may want to look into drafting technology. Students who graduated from an Associate of Arts degree program may apply credits earned to a 4-year degree in a similar field.
A.A. Programs in Drafting Technology
Students enrolled in an Associate of Arts degree program in Drafting Technology are imparted knowledge in various disciplines, including parametric modeling, metallurgy and engineering. They can also expect to become adept at a range of tasks they would need in the drafting profession, such as operation of CAD equipment, employment of 2-D and 3-D modeling techniques during design preparations, arrangement of assembly drawings, creation of schematics and creation of civil illustrations derived from engineers’ notes.
Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD are included among the specific software programs that students work with. Students enrolled in some degree programs can use the courses in preparing to take professional certification exams in these software technologies. Those who graduate from this program may seek entry-level jobs in different fields, including structural, civil, mechanical and electrical technology.
Admission criteria typically require applicants to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma. Additionally, students may be required by some schools to take preparatory classes in core aspects including art, physics, geometry and algebra. Inadequate experience in these areas may need to be compensated for by taking remedial courses before enrolling in an associate’s degree program.
Drafting technology coursework may require students to show strong technical prowess in the form of mechanical proficiency and visual aptitude. Coursework may include topic areas such as:
Those who graduate from this program can seek entry-level jobs in several career positions such as:
Continuing Education Choices
Those who graduate from an associate’s degree program in drafting technology who wish to boost their career prospects in advanced positions in architecture and engineering may seek enrollment in a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Schools may apply credits obtained in the associate’s degree program to a four-year degree program in subject areas such as mathematics, architecture and engineering.
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses