Students will be taught about digital design, website development, video production, and computer graphics with an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree program in Media Production. They will also learn how to display their creative skills to the world of business and create media that may be used in graphic design firms, magazines, newspapers, or broadcasting.
A.A. Programs in Media Production
Students enrolled in Associate of Arts degree programs in Media Production are trained in the application of their artistic skills in graphic design, broadcasting, film production and print media. Their skills in digital art and animation can be refined by gauging customers’ needs and developing the best mode of distributing media, including print, the Internet and DVD. They can create innovative solutions that deliver digital information, media and news to consumers for businesses.
Admission criteria in these two-year programs typically require applicants to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma.
Students enrolled in programs in Media Production need to complete coursework spanning 60-70 semester hours. They can often opt for various specializations including website development, print media, graphic design and digital animation. Participation in capstone projects, in order to showcase their knowledge and skills in their choice of specialization, may be required. They can also gain real-world experience in graphic design, video fieldwork and broadcast production through participation in internship opportunities. Apart from general education courses, program coursework may include topic areas such as:
Those who graduate from the associate degree program can seek entry-level jobs with website development firms, graphic design agencies, magazines and newspapers, and pursue various job titles such as:
•Digital media specialist
Continuing Education Choices
Graduates can participate in certificate programs in Media Production to stay abreast of the latest advances in the field. They could also choose to enroll in certificate programs for Digital Media or Video Production for the Internet, thereby enhancing their range of expertise. Earning a bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Media Production or Communication can help individuals to enhance their career prospects.
- Full Sail's curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Students gain real-world experience by working with industry-standard tools and technologies
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway
- Design, media arts, fashion, and culinary programs available, with over 50 locations nationwide
- Designated Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources needed to learn
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses