Students who possess keen interest and insight in the latest fashion trends should consider enrolling in an associate degree program in fashion merchandising. The associate degree programs will prepare students for various exciting careers in the fashion and retail industries.
Fashion Merchandising Associate Degree Program
Fashion merchandising incorporates principles of psychology and business with an understanding of design and textiles. Typically, the associate degree program takes approximately two years to complete, if students are enrolled full-time. The program teaches students fundamental skills in retailing, buying, and merchandising. Students will gain knowledge in the process of bringing apparels from the manufacturer to retail outlets, including how individuals decide which pieces to buy and sell. Students who have earned their associate degree can pursue entry-level careers in the retail or fashion industries or further their education by pursuing a bachelor degree program.
Admission criteria usually require applicants to hold a general educational development (GED) certificate or a high school diploma. Students who are enrolled in the program should have an interest in fashion, but it’s not a formal requirement.
Associate degree program in fashion merchandising may include the following course topics:
•Human resource management
•Color and design theory
Although additional training or education might be required to obtain a position, individuals who have earned their associate degree in fashion merchandising may aim for the following job titles:
Information on Continuing Education
Fashion merchandising associate degree program graduates should consider continuing their education by pursuing a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Fashion Merchandising. Individuals who want to develop their knowledge beyond the bachelor degree level can enroll in a master degree program in fashion merchandising upon completion of the bachelor degree program.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid