Students who possess keen interest and insight in the latest fashion trends should consider enrolling in an associate degree program in fashion merchandising. The associate degree programs will prepare students for various exciting careers in the fashion and retail industries.
Fashion Merchandising Associate Degree Program
Fashion merchandising incorporates principles of psychology and business with an understanding of design and textiles. Typically, the associate degree program takes approximately two years to complete, if students are enrolled full-time. The program teaches students fundamental skills in retailing, buying, and merchandising. Students will gain knowledge in the process of bringing apparels from the manufacturer to retail outlets, including how individuals decide which pieces to buy and sell. Students who have earned their associate degree can pursue entry-level careers in the retail or fashion industries or further their education by pursuing a bachelor degree program.
Admission criteria usually require applicants to hold a general educational development (GED) certificate or a high school diploma. Students who are enrolled in the program should have an interest in fashion, but it’s not a formal requirement.
Associate degree program in fashion merchandising may include the following course topics:
•Human resource management
•Color and design theory
Although additional training or education might be required to obtain a position, individuals who have earned their associate degree in fashion merchandising may aim for the following job titles:
Information on Continuing Education
Fashion merchandising associate degree program graduates should consider continuing their education by pursuing a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Fashion Merchandising. Individuals who want to develop their knowledge beyond the bachelor degree level can enroll in a master degree program in fashion merchandising upon completion of the bachelor degree program.
- Bachelor's programs in the areas of Advertising, Web Design, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on teaching aspiring creative professionals the fundamentals of advertising and design.
- Courses cover topics such as advertising concepts, art direction, and online marketing
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses