Students who have earned their associate degree in office management will be prepared to manage the daily challenges of an office setting, as well as lead an office. Office managers are generally educated in general computer applications, office technology, and business practices. Associate degree programs will teach students through hands-on training, coursework, and internships.
Associate Degree Program in Office Management
Students who are enrolled in an associate degree program in office management will take courses in subjects such as financial analysis, administrative skills, and accounting. They can also gain hands-on experience working with office technology and equipment. Having an office management associate degree can aid students in finding employment in entry- to mid-level management. Typically, the associate degree program is designed to be completed within two years, if students are enrolled full-time. Depending on the degree programs, some will offer students firsthand experience working in an office environment where they will complete a practicum working part-time in a professional environment.
Admission criteria typically require applicants to hold a general educational development (GED) certificate or a high school diploma. Students may also be required to complete certain courses in mathematics to qualify for admission.
Courses could concentrate on communication and verbal skills as well as general educational courses. Students will gain knowledge in common computer software used in an office setting, including Microsoft Office or Photoshop. Other program course topics may include the following:
Office management associate degree program graduates are usually prepared for employment in business offices where they will be responsible for communication, administration, and organization in the workplace. Individuals can pursue the following career options:
Information on Continuing Education
Once students have earned their office management associate’s degree, they can choose to further their education by pursuing a four-year bachelor degree program in related fields. Possible programs may include business administration, human resources, computer information systems, or business education. These degree programs may be used to advance current career paths or allow students to gain experience and education to change careers.
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online Courses
- Are You a Natural Leader or Good with Numbers? Get Educated in the Business Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Business Administration & Management, Accounting, Marketing Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online Courses