This article talks about Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree programs in Digital Media Management and their education requirements, coursework, career choices, and continuing education choices.
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) Programs in Digital Media Management
Students enrolled in the MBA program with a focus in digital media management complete it within two years. Training in core business processes is usually put together with the study of a variety of entertainment corporations and industries. Students learn about music, television, movies and video games. They get opportunities to hone general business skills aimed at maximizing return-on-investment, using technology to help company growth and creating innovative digital concepts. They gain expertise in providing behind-the-scenes leadership in developing and producing digital media projects. Traditional daytime classes are offered at some schools while flexible part-time schedules are available in others.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school, in addition to submitting Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. Prerequisites also include submission of standardized test scores, transcripts, a resume and letters of recommendation. Incoming students would benefit from having prior work experience in a related field.
Coursework covers general business courses with an emphasis on applying business principles to the digital media field. Core coursework may include topic areas such as:
Program graduates have an array of career choices, such as using entrepreneurial skills for developing new programs that use digital media. They can choose from possible job options such as:
•Event production manager
•Music and film producer
•Digital marketing manager
Continuing Education Choices
Program graduates can opt for continued education by enrolling in a Ph.D. in Media program. Admission criteria typically require incoming students to complete a dissertation, in addition to advanced media-related courses. A doctorate can lead to careers in research or academia.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses