Graduate programs in communication design may be available as Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) or Master of Science (M.S.) programs in Communication Design. Master’s degree programs will teach students how to create and convey messages to consumers and organizations visually.
Master’s Programs in Communication Design
Students enrolled in master’s degree programs in communication design can gain conceptual skills for use in the creation of various visual media from verbal ideas and information. They may involve themselves in possible products such as websites, multimedia presentations, and print materials. Degree candidates look into methods and processes in visual communication and design. Students enrolled in the program involve themselves in investigating personal expression and experimenting with modern media.
In some communication design programs, graduate students gain experience through participation in an internship. A thesis project investigating the social, technological, or professional issues in communication design must also be proposed and designed by communication design students. Students may present thesis projects in a variety of media formats such as electronic media, print, environmental exhibits and presentations.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to possess bachelor’s degrees in communication design or a related field, in addition to completing a portfolio project to demonstrate competence in communication design. Students are typically required to present portfolios in digital or slide format. Most schools expect incoming students to have two to three years of prior work experience in the field.
Coursework uses independent study and studio courses in exploring modern visual techniques aimed at resolving complex issues in advertising, marketing, and communications. Core coursework may include topic areas such as:
Program graduates armed with advanced problem-solving and leadership skills can seek academic and managerial roles in communication design. They can choose from possible job options such as:
•Adjunct faculty in communication design
•Communication design strategist
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses