Many professionals in the manufacturing industry rely on a type of software known as Mastercam, which is a computer-aided design (CAD) program, similar to AutoCAD.
Information on Mastercam Program
Manufacturers and machine technology professionals, such as CNC programmers and machinists, benefit most from using Mastercam, a computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software program. They use this software to help in producing mechanical drawings of machine parts, learning about operating CNC lathes and mills and creating 3-dimensional wire frame models. Once they complete relevant courses, enrollees in the program can take Mastercam certification exams.
Associate Level Mastercam Certifications
Two Mastercam certification levels, professional and associate, are offered. Three certification specialty areas, lathe, mill, and advanced mill, exist within these two levels. Before they can acquire these designations, enrollees must complete a specific design course, such as lathe design, mill, or advanced mill, in addition to a toolpaths class. A multiple-choice test is also a requirement.
Professional Level Mastercam Certifications
Specialty areas in the professional level include lathe CPgmT, mill CPgmM, and academic CPgmM and CPgmT. Professionals in 2-dimensional machining would benefit from Mill CPgmM programs. Turning professionals would benefit best from learning about lathe CPgmT. Passage of a timed test is a requirement for the acquisition of either of these designations. Students must use a shop drawing to generate geometry and create a program. Passage of the same practical exam for the lathe and mill designations, in addition to completion of the appropriate curriculum would result in the academic CPgmT and CPgmM designations.
Students are trained to obtain Mastercam certification through various modes, including online video training or precision machine programs offered by makers of the Mastercam software. They may also attend Mastercam classes in machine tool technology offered by colleges and universities.
Mastercam courses are devised to teach students about advanced, basic, and intermediate CAD and CAM construction, troubleshooting, lathe toolpaths, 2-dimensional solids and CNC programming. Participants learn through a combination of hands-on projects and lectures.
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!