New York City top the list as one of the most theatrical and cultural cities in the United States. Thus, acting schools in this city thrive. For instance, the New York University’s Tisch and Juilliard School of Arts have the most valued drama division in the state.
Acting Program of the Juilliard School
The Juilliard School in New York City is among the best acting schools in the nation with highly competitive auditions as well as admission process that has thousands of applicants annually and only eighteen are selected. The students who are willing to undertake undergraduate education qualify to pursue a bachelor degree in Arts. Students who has an undergraduate degree are eligible to earn a diploma in Arts. Although both the diploma and degree program require a four year residency, the diploma students will not be required to undertake the liberal arts courses.
Bachelor of Fine Arts
The curriculum requirements for candidates taking a diploma in drama division along with those taking a bachelor degree in fine arts are similar. These programs require all students to take active part in speech, voice and movement. The movement course entail the Suzuki method, jazz dance, stage combat techniques, Tai Chi, the Alexander Technique, and yoga. The curriculum for drama includes: Shakespeare, scene work, comedy, masks, voice training, singing, and make-up. Students are coached for the audition techniques and allowed to perform a number of full scale productions. Students in their final year are required to perform for managers and invited audience of agents along with other creative Los Angeles and New York professionals. The bachelor of fine arts students supposed to take twenty-four credits in liberal arts such as history, literature, comparative religion, philosophy, and ethics.
Acting Programs in New York University Tisch School
The Tisch School of Arts is popularly known to produce the best and most gifted artisans. They include: Ang Lee, Philip Seymour, Chandra Wilson, M. Night Shyamalan, Alec Baldwin, Marcia Gay Harden, Spike Lee, and Oliver Stone. The drama department offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in acting and drama. In addition, the department offers continuing education and professional development classes.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama
128 credits of course work are required in the bachelor of fine arts. These credits are broken down into 48 credits that focus on basic and advanced studio as well as professional training, 28 credits are required in production and theater studies, 32 credits in liberal arts that includes: sciences, humanities and writing. 20 credits are electives in theater arts or humanities.
Master of Fine Arts in Acting
One of the most competitive programs when it comes to the field of acting are the master of fine arts. It involves intensive program preparation of three years. Students who pursue this program normally study the Alexander Techniques, scene studies, voice classes as well as movement classes.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses