Receive information about Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree program in mechanical computer-aided design and its coursework, career choices, and continuing education choices.
A.A. Programs in Mechanical Computer-Aided Design
Students enrolled in Associate degree programs in mechanical computer-aided design (CAD) are trained to draft technical schematics and drawings they would need in creating mechanical equipment. Students can expect to become adept at using highly sophisticated software in designing things such as buildings, satellites, automobiles, engine parts and circuit boards.
Students can also expect to gain expertise in creating hand-drawn sketches or devising design ideas and using CAD programs to transferring the ideas into 3-dimensional models. They are also taught how to use CAD software applications in updating designs, creating inventory lists and printing blueprints. Admission criteria typically require applicants to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma.
Although Coursework in several degree programs is focused on topic areas relevant to program applications of CAD software, many associate programs also help students in the use of CAD programs aimed at creating schematics they can use in specific fields. Coursework typically includes topic areas such as:
•Electronics layout and design
Drafters are greatly in demand among various industries and graduates can seek entry-level jobs in the architectural, aeronautics, civil design and electronics fields. The job givers may include large-scale design firms, government agencies or private businesses. Popular career options for graduates may include:
•Mechanical engineering technician
•Mechanical design technician
Continuing Education Choices
Given the continually changing nature of CAD software programs, continued education training will be needed by these professionals during the whole course of their careers. Employers may facilitate additional training for employees (source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)). Drafters may also seek voluntary certification that would help them demonstrate their skills and knowledge in the field to potential employers.
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses