Those interested in obtaining an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree in engineering have a few degree paths to go follow, such as engineering technology, engineering science, or pre-engineering. Students may seek entry-level jobs in this field, such as an engineering technician working under the supervision of a professional engineer.
A.A. Programs in Pre-Engineering
Associate’s Degree Programs in Pre-Engineering are two-year programs devised for prospective students who wish to earn a bachelor’s degree in an engineering specialty. Coursework in the program focuses on intensive studies in engineering technology, science and mathematics. Coursework also includes a physics and chemistry lab component wherein hands-on experience is imparted to students working with laboratory materials and instruments. Admission criteria typically require applicants to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma.
Coursework comprises topic areas frequently covered in the engineering industry, including physics, mathematics and chemistry and similar areas such as:
•Digital circuit analysis
Graduates can seek various entry-level occupations including with technical service, scientific and professional industries, in addition to business and government work settings. They can aspire for positions such as:
•Industrial engineering technician
•Civil engineering technician
•Mechanical engineering technician
Continuing Education Choices
Prospective professional engineers (PE) will benefit by earning a bachelor’s degree in engineering, including a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in an engineering area such as civil, electrical/electronic, mechanical or industrial engineering, in addition to a B.S. in Engineering Management.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid