Those interested in operating and building robots should look into the field of robot technology. Graduates of bachelor’s degree programs in robot technology will be trained to work with various types of robots; this opens up many opportunities for employment in engineering-related fields where robots are used.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree Programs in Robot Technology
Students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in robot technology gain familiarity with computer programs related to the operation and programming of robots. They are taught about the application of robotics in optimizing processes, maintaining complex robotic systems, programming and reprogramming robot functions, and troubleshooting electrical controllers, sensors, and power supplies. Students may also choose to complete programs in numerous departments with robotics concentrations.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a GED certificate or a high school diploma, in addition to submitting college entrance exam scores along with prior experience in science and mathematics courses; the requirements vary by school.
Coursework is typically a combination of mechanical and electrical engineering courses alongside math courses. Extensive hands-on training is received by students via robotics lab experiences, robot vehicle competitions, and on-campus development and research jobs. Completion of cooperative education opportunities or an internship may also be required. Coursework may also include these topic areas:
•Engineering science and design
•Differential and integral calculus
Those that successfully complete a robot technology degree may seek jobs in a variety of industries, such as defense, health care, agriculture, automotive, and aeronautical and aerospace. They may commonly seek the following job titles:
Job and Wage Outlook
Over the 2012 – 2022 decade, a slow job growth rate of 7% has been predicted for aerospace engineers and an even slower rate of 4% for electro-mechanical technicians, who sometimes assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). In 2012, aerospace engineers brought home an average annual wage of $103,720, while electro-mechanical technicians banked $51,820 (BLS).
Licensure and Continuing Education Options
Those that successfully complete the program can expect to gain a firm grasp of robots and robot technology. A robot technology program may be offered in an associate’s degree format, which can be translated into a bachelor’s degree program in electronics engineering.
Graduates may seek immediate employment or opt for continuing education through a graduate degree; thereafter, seek employment in academia or research.
Licensure is mandatory for robotics engineers in all states (BLS). Passage of the test will qualify interested individuals for the Engineers in Training credential. In addition to adequate work experience, passage of the final exam will enable them to obtain licensure.
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses