Get information about bachelor’s degree programs in security management and their coursework, career choices, job and wage outlook, and continuing education choices.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Security Management
Students enrolled in bachelor’s degree programs in security management are trained in skills like fraud detection, small business management, and criminal investigation. Coursework is devised to impart education on computer security and risk management.
It takes students about four years to complete bachelor’s degree programs in security management. However, schools offer more time to suit the needs of some students, such as working professionals. Students enrolled in some programs are allowed to focus on numerous security-related areas, including forensic science, computer crimes, or intellectual property protection.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a GED certificate or a high school diploma.
Coursework covers classes in constitutional due process, crime theory, and sociology. Core coursework may include topic areas such as:
•Ethics and legal issues in security management
•Computer and information systems security
Those who complete bachelor’s degree programs in security management can choose from numerous entry-level occupations, including private investigator, security consultant, and police officer. They may seek positions such as:
•Corporate security consultant
•Close protection officer
Job and Wage Outlook
A job growth rate of 11% has been predicted for private detectives and investigators over the 2012 – 2022 decade (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). In 2012, these professionals brought home an average annual wage of $45,740.
Continuing Education Choices
Once they complete a security management bachelor’s degree program, students may opt for continuing education by earning a professional degree from law or business school. Armed with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree, these professionals can aspire for a career as a judge, prosecutor, or defense attorney.
Those interested in executive-level positions with large corporations and private security firms should augment an undergraduate degree in security management with a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree.
Showing schools in your area
- Looking for an Online Criminal Justice Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Showing schools in your area
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses