This article talks about Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree programs in Electrical Engineering and their educational requirements, coursework, job and wage outlook, and continuing education choices.
Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) Programs in Electrical Engineering
Students who complete graduate degree programs in electrical engineering can also expect to gain advanced proficiency in power systems, computer engineering, electronic communication systems, and control systems. Apart from coursework, the curriculum may include design projects. Program graduates may have to acquire professional licensure. Licensure is obtainable through work experience and the passage of two exams. Program graduates may need continuing education to maintain licensure.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related major. They also require letters of reference, a minimum grade point average, and Graduate Record Examination scores.
Classes in computers and mathematics usually augment the coursework in master’s degree programs. Additional requirements may include a research project or thesis paper. Core coursework may cover topic areas such as:
•Electromagnetic field principles
•Digital signal processing
Job and Wage Outlook
Over the 2012 – 2022 decade, a job growth of four percent has been predicted for electrical engineers. In May 2014, these professionals brought in an average annual wage of $95,780 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Continuing Education Choices
Professionals whose work requires them to offer services to the public must compulsorily obtain state licensure. Program graduates seeking continuing education may enroll in a doctoral program.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid