Upon completion of an associate degree program in Graphic Art, or Graphic Design, students will be prepared for continued education in a bachelor’s degree program in Graphic Art, or entry-level jobs in the field of graphic design. Students will be taught design concepts, technology applications, and basic art skills.
A.A. Programs in Graphic Art
Students enrolled in an associate degree in Graphic Art program can expect to become adept at creating aesthetically pleasing visuals, through the use of techniques and technology related to traditional art. Associate’s degrees in Graphic Art, or Graphic Design, are offered through community colleges, design schools, and private and public colleges and universities.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma. A creative assignment or portfolio review may also be a prerequisite in some associate degree programs.
Students are taught art and design principles that facilitate the creation of designs for all types of media, such as multimedia, print and websites. Through the span of the program, students enrolled in the program complete assignments aimed at finishing their portfolio. Participation in internships is facilitated by some programs, thereby gaining the students useful professional experience. Coursework may commonly include classes in topic areas such as:
Those who successfully complete associate’s degree programs in Graphic Art can seek some entry-level careers within the graphic design field. Graphic design professionals are demanded in many industries, including corporations, software companies, printing businesses, advertising companies, and design firms. Graduates of an associate’s program in Graphic Art can choose from various occupations including:
Continuing Education Choices
Graduates can seek continued education by earning a baccalaureate degree in Graphic Design. Coursework in these programs includes advanced design concepts and information, including computer illustration or electronic publishing. Recruiters for more advanced positions, such as a graphic designer, prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree. Those interested in teaching or research jobs can pursue master’s degree programs in Graphic Design. A terminal degree for Graphic Art is offered in the form of the Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.).
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, and visual messaging
- Online Courses
- Bachelor's programs in the areas of Advertising, Web Design, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on teaching aspiring creative professionals the fundamentals of advertising and design.
- Courses cover topics such as advertising concepts, art direction, and online marketing
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses