AOS degree is typically not offered in office information. Students who are interested in this type of degree should consider an Associate of Applied Business (AAB) or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Office Information Technology, which covers similar information and concepts.
Associate Degree in Office Information Technology
The focus of associate degree programs in office information technology is on the use of advanced technology such as computers in an office setting. Students will learn how to use office technology to help make an office run more effectively and efficiently. Depending on the degree programs, some will have an option for a medical office or paralegal specialization, while other programs have a general business concentration, which may be applicable to any office environment. The majority of degree programs do not have any admission requirements beyond expecting students to have a general educational development (GED) certificate or a high school diploma.
Students will study business concepts in an office information technology program. Specific topics related to medical or legal offices will be taught to students, if the degree program offers specialization options. Depending on the degree programs, students may gain hands-on experience through the internship program where they will work at an actual office environment. Program coursework may include the following topics:
•Computer operating systems
Individuals who have graduated from an associate degree program in office information technology will be prepared for entry-level positions within offices in different industries. Students who specialized in medical or paralegal may work in these professional environments. Individuals may obtain the following career titles:
•Medical office assistant
Certification and Continuing Education Information
Depending on the situation, students who have earned their associate degree will not be required to pursue continuing education or obtain certification for advancement in this career field. Typically, individuals will advance within their organization through increased responsibilities and job performance. However, there are cases where individuals should consider furthering their education, if they would like to advance into positions that involve more than clerical duties. Those who want to go from a legal secretary to a paralegal will be required to earn an associate degree in paralegal studies.
While certification is not mandatory, it could help individuals rise within their career field and improve their employment opportunities. Such certification could include Certified Legal Assistant and Certified Professional Secretary. Professional organizations relevant to a field or industry, such as the International Association of Administrative Professionals and National Association of Legal Assistants, offer these certifications.
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online Courses