Schools that offer degree programs in interactive media design commonly supplement them with courses in other subject areas, such as web design, game design or graphic design. An Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree or an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree may be earned by students through various degree programs. Students enrolled in these programs are prepared for entry level jobs in electronic media with a specialization in areas such as design or marketing.
Associate Degree Program in Interactive Media Design
Students enrolled in these degree programs can expect to gain the knowledge and skills they would need to seek entry level jobs with companies that specialize in website design and electronic publication, corporate training developers, advertising companies, and production and multimedia design firms. Coursework typically covers designs of interactive DVDs, development of websites, and production of videos and graphics. Admission criteria usually require applicants to hold a general educational development (GED) certificate or a high school diploma; while students may benefit from being technical savvy or having aesthetic sense, there is no formal requirement of these qualities.
Interactive media design associate degree program will provide students with a background in industry-standard software. As part of the curriculum, students will have the opportunity to develop portfolios of their work to show potential employers. There are numerous courses for students to select from that include the following:
•Scripting and programming
Typically, a bachelor’s degree is required for most positions in media arts and graphic designs, students will often obtain technical positions after completing an associate’s degree program in interactive media design. Students who have earned their associate’s degree can obtain the following entry-level positions:
•Graphic design technician
Continuing Education Information
Interactive media design associate degree program graduates may opt for continuing education through enrollment in a four-year bachelor’s degree program in interactive media or related fields of study, such as web or graphic design. Foundational liberal arts courses are generally combined in these programs with program-specific courses related to interactive media arts. Students who have earned their bachelor’s degree may decide to further their studies by pursuing a master’s degree program in interactive media or related areas. Coursework includes in-depth practical and theoretical instruction and in most cases, the programs culminate in a written or project-based thesis.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses