Those who have graduated from a bachelor’s degree program in heating, air conditioning and refrigeration are trained in maintaining, repairing, and installing climate-control technology.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
The Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) may be awarded to students who graduate from bachelor’s degree programs for heating, air conditioning and refrigeration. They learn about identifying and executing energy-efficient evaluations on cooling, heating and air conditioning systems.
Technical schools, universities and colleges usually offer terminal 4-year degree programs; some schools offer them online. The term ‘ventilation’ is included in the degree title by many schools, thereby offering these as bachelor’s degree programs in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R).
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold an accredited associate’s degree in HVAC/R. Completion of specific math courses may be expected of candidates before they are allowed to begin core coursework.
Associate-level courses in HVAC/R are built upon by most bachelor’s degree programs. General education are also required to be fulfilled by students. Core coursework may include such topic areas as:
•Commercial HVAC/R controls
•Environmental impacts of HVAC/R systems
•Energy audit and analysis
•Heating and cooling system configurations
Job and Wage Outlook
Over the 2010-2020 decade, a 34% job growth rate has been predicted for HVAC/R mechanics and installers, with the growth credited to a perceived increase in demand for climate-controlled systems in residential, industrial and commercial areas (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). In May 2012, these professionals brought home an average annual wage of $43,640 (BLS).
Graduates from the bachelor’s degree program can seek continued education by earning certification through the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, which incidentally is compulsory as is licensure, though licensure norms may vary by state. However, most states require the fulfillment of experience and internship requirements. Certification can be obtained for each level of refrigerant handling through passage of an exam; certification has permanent validity.
- Earn Your Degree at Fortis College. Flexible Scheduling. Apply Now!
- Financial Aid
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses