This article talks about master’s degree programs in distribution and material management and their educational requirements, coursework, career choices, and job and wage outlook.
Information on Distribution and Material Management Programs
No school offers master’s degree programs specifically in distribution and material management. However, master’s degree programs in organizational management and supply chain management are offered at many schools. These may lead to a Master of Science (M.S.) in Supply Chain Management or a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Organizational Management with a specialization in supply chain management.
Admission criteria for either program require incoming students to hold a bachelor’s degree as well as some relevant work experience. Students enrolled in a master’s degree program gain the management and leadership skills necessary for progressing beyond entry-level positions. Coursework covers topic areas such as distribution, logistics, and inventory control, apart from business skills such as finance, negotiation, and strategic thinking.
Master of Arts (M.A.) Programs in Organizational Management Specializing in Supply Chain Management
Students enrolled in the Master of Arts (M.A.) programs in Organizational Management develop the advanced leadership and management skills necessary for succeeding in the business world. With a specialization in supply chain management, program graduates can expect to become adept in distribution, logistics, materials management, production, and inventory control.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school and a GPA of at least 2.0, though different schools may have different GPA requirements. Schools may also require applicants to submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores and letters of recommendation. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam may be a requirement for individuals who are not native English speakers.
Program graduates can expect to have adept management and advanced leadership skills. Core coursework may cover topic areas such as:
•Supply chain management
While an undergraduate degree would suffice for entry-level careers, graduates of the MA program can seek higher-level occupations. They may seek to become entrepreneurs or aim for upper-management positions in industries such as:
•Raw material acquisitions
Master of Science (M.S.) Programs in Supply Chain Management
Students who seek the advanced skills necessary for succeeding as managers of complex global and national supply channels would benefit by enrolling in this program. Students learn about managing the life cycle of products starting from raw material through to delivery aimed at reducing waste and increasing efficiency.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited school, meet a GPA standard of 2.5, and submit letters of recommendation and proof of relevant work experience. Holders of bachelor’s degrees in areas other than business may be required to complete prerequisite courses.
Coursework covers every facet of the supply chain, in addition to the development of logistics and management skills. Core coursework may cover topic areas such as:
Program graduates may seek various upper-level occupations in the business world, including:
•Operations research analysts
•Industrial production managers
Job and Wage Outlook
Over the 2012 – 2022 decade, a job growth rate of 27% has been predicted for operations research analysts (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). During the same period, the best employment opportunities are expected to be enjoyed by holders of a master’s or doctoral degree in operations management or supply chain management, among other related fields. In 2012, operations research analysts brought in an average annual wage of $72,100 (BLS).
Showing schools in your area
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online Courses
Showing schools in your area
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online Courses