Individuals who are technically and visually crafty may want to look into an associate’s degree program in Graphic Design and Multimedia; this will prepare them for careers in industries including television, motion picture production, and advertising. Further education will prepare students for creative positions.
Associate of Science (A.S.) Degree Programs in Graphic Design and Multimedia
Students enrolled in computer-intensive associate’s degree programs in Graphic Design and Multimedia are imparted coursework that combines graphic design elements with various multimedia components, including sounds, videos and animations. They are taught graphic design principles that would apply to multiple content delivery channels, such as the Internet, motion pictures, television and print media. Schools offer associate’s degree programs in Graphic Design and Multimedia in different formats, such as an Associate of Science (A.S.) or an Associate of Art (A.A.) degree program.
Admission criteria in an associate’s degree program in Graphic Design and Multimedia typically require incoming students to hold a GED certificate or high school diploma. Students are also required to be able to grasp new technological concepts and have general computer knowledge.
Coursework in associate’s degree programs in Graphic Design and Multimedia generally combines classroom lectures and hands-on experience. Students are taught project management skills, problem solving abilities, standard software usage and design fundamentals. Coursework may include topic areas such as:
•Drawing and composition
Graduates of associate’s degree programs in Graphic Design and Multimedia can pursue entry-level technical careers in the motion picture, television or advertising industries. Those seeking positions involving artistic or creative abilities would require additional training or education. Graduates may seek various career positions such as:
•Graphic design assistant
Continuing Education Choices
Graduates who complete an associate’s degree program in Graphic Design and Multimedia can use it as a stepping-stone towards earning a bachelor’s degree in the arts. Some schools allow credits earned to be transferred towards admission to a four-year bachelor’s degree program in Web Design, Graphic Design, Multimedia or a related area. Recruiters for creative positions, such as a graphic designer or artist, usually prefer candidates who hold bachelor’s degrees (<strong><a href=”http://www.bls.gov/” target=”_blank”>U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics</a></strong>). After they complete a bachelor’s degree program, some students may choose to enroll into a master’s degree program in Graphic Design or a related area. Coursework in these programs is devised to hone existing technical and artistic skills, and help develop a portfolio. After they complete one of these programs, students may seek teaching jobs in postsecondary schools, or pursue other professional opportunities.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses