An Associate of Science (A.S.) in Web Design degree program will help students examine ways on how to use the latest technology and software to design original animation, graphics, and digital art to use on the websites. Students will learn about internet publishing and webpage layout. Typically, associate degree program graduates qualified for entry-level opportunities with the digital media departments of different businesses, as well as web design firms.
A.S. in Web Design Degree Program
Students enrolled in an associate degree program in web design are offered training in graphic design and website development for the Internet. Admission criteria typically require applicants to hold a general educational development (GED) certificate or a high school diploma. Students will learn the principles of interactive media, digital animation, thumbnail storyboarding, and website layout. They will become proficient in Java, CTI, HTML, and webpage programming. Students will be able to examine how to apply their skills to the business world, including the ability to handle online transactions and creating websites with market appeal.
Typically, associate degree programs will take approximately two years to complete, if students are enrolled full-time. Often, the degree programs offer students hands-on experience creating multimedia or internet projects. Depending on the schools, some will help students build portfolios to showcase their talents when seeking employment. Along with general educational coursework, course topics may include the following:
•Copyright and ethics
•Developing a portfolio
Associate degree program graduates are usually qualified for entry-level work with internet development departments of various businesses or with web design firms. Graduates may also seek opportunities in advertising and internet marketing. Students who have earned their associate’s degree may obtain the following job titles:
•Internet project manager
Continuing Education Information
Associate degree program graduates may seek advanced employment opportunities by pursuing a four-year bachelor degree program in web design. Graduates may also broaden their knowledge through bachelor degree programs in related fields, including digital game development, graphic design, or information technology. More advanced educational opportunities will also be available through master degree programs in graphic design that might offer specialization options in web design.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses