This article talks about master’s degree programs in robotics and their educational requirements, coursework, career choices, job and wage outlook, and continuing education choices.
Master’s Programs in Robotics
Program graduates from a master’s degree program in robotics can expect to be adept at planning, designing, prototyping and creating robots for various industries, including healthcare, electronics, and military. Coursework is a combination of research projects, hands-on training through labs, tournaments, and seminars. An assistantship or supervised research project may also have to be completed by students. Students are required to present a thesis in their specialized area of interest before the program ends.
Admission criteria typically require incoming students to hold a bachelor’s degree with a strong background in electrical and mechanical engineering, augmented by knowledge of computer science. Schools also require the submission of letters of recommendation and graduate test scores. Other supportive documentation may also have to be supplied by prospective students.
Schools build the robotics program on a strong basis of courses in computer vision, artificial intelligence, dynamic systems, sensors, and mechanical manipulation. Financial analysis and management are also in the coursework. Core coursework may cover topic areas such as:
•Foundations of Engineering
Program graduates can seek jobs involving the design of robotic systems or robots in various electronic and computer industries. They may also pursue supervising and engineering positions in government and healthcare organizations. They may choose from possible job positions such as:
•Controls Engineer (Robotics)
Job and Wage Outlook
In May 2012, mechanical engineers brought in an average annual wage of $80,580 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). Over the 2012 – 2022 decade, mechanical engineers are expected to see a job growth rate of five percent, translating to over 11,000 jobs added during that period.
Continuing Education Choices
Program graduates may want to join the workforce immediately or opt for continuing education through enrollment into a Ph.D. program in Robotics where they may acquire the skill they would need to pursue careers in research or academia.
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Are You a Natural Leader or Good with Numbers? Get Educated in the Business Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Business Administration & Management, Accounting, Marketing Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online Courses
- View Associates, Bachelors or Graduate Degree Programs in Business Near YOU!
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements. Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs for You.
- Free information for Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing and Advertising, Business Information Systems Degree Programs and MORE.
- Accredited, Flexible Business Administration and Management Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Online Courses